Friday, May 15, 2009

A Lovely Day

Sun came out this morning & here's one more pic of Mirror Image that may require sunglasses:


I was off work today so we could go to visit my great-aunt. After a 2 hour drive, we arrived. She recently moved, and it is soooo peaceful at her house, not quite in the middle of nowhere LOL but far enough that there's just so much peace & quiet & privacy & nature:


We hung out & had delicious lasagna for lunch:


Along with that we had some salad & bread & then we had apple-rhubarb crisp for dessert. But I guess by that point I was rather distracted actually eating, because even though the camera was in my sweater pocket the whole visit, I don't seem to have any pics of the rest of the food LOL.

One thing I did not fit into my 100th post extravaganza was any pics of Dude or Frisky! Well, I still don't have any new pics of them to post at the moment, but I have some of my aunt's cool pets. There was one cat, Thumper, who was not nearly so social as everyone else, so I did not get the opportunity to catch him on film or play with him, but I was kept plenty busy petting:

Nesbit:
Weed:
Poppin:

Fred:

& Sam:

I think there must be some genetic link between loving nail polish & loving animals, LOL - so many polish bloggers manage to sneak in a pic of their favorite pet occasionally, and the response is always so positive. I couldn't resist posting up these guys.

Thanks for reading.

~Colette

4 comments:

  1. Mmm lasagna! Mirror Image is just so wild looking, must scare myself up some lol. Such cute kitties and a sweet dog, love seeing people's pet photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a great time ! Lasagna is one one of my favorite foods :-)
    And maybe you're right about the pets part...lol..I also saw in other blogs that they have pets and I have 2 cats on my own, they are sisters and they are like my babies :-) Your aunt's pets looks so cute and pretty !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that polish. I have to find some. What beautiful scenery. It looks so peaceful there. Love the cats and dog. Lasagna looks good. You must have really enjoyed yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. CLOCKWORK - It's even more impressive in person! Closest thing to reflective I own =)

    TULI - I look forward to visiting the pets almost as much as the people LOL

    LUCY - There's one point down by the bog where my uncle hung a swinging chair up between 2 pine trees, and you can just sit & look out over the water, it was great.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I will read every comment, and try to respond to any questions =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...