Thursday, July 23, 2009

Don't Be Afraid...

... to try new things. Turns out pretty well sometimes. I wish I could remember where I read how to do this, but I don't ... it didn't turn out quite as marbley as I've seen, kind of more swirly, but I like it. Misa Dirty, Sexy, Money as the base, Misa Toxic Seduction for the embellishment. This was so easy I even did a good job & you get to see my right hand:


To achieve this look, do a couple coats of a base color, then a thick layer of regular (not fast drying) top coat, paint lines of color through that, then drag through the design with a toothpick or something else small - I used the end of my dotting tool because it was right on hand, but I did kind of wish I'd used something a little sharper.

I've got to apologize for being like a week behind on comments, but I hope to have time to answer everything this weekend. I'm also woefully behind posting my books. Not to mention I wanted to show pics of my Helmer with actual polish in the drawers LOL. I promise I'll get to all these things - although I won't promise exactly when =) Thanks for reading.

~Colette

6 comments:

  1. This looks so cool! I love it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love and need Misa Dirty Sexy Money in my life! It looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Colette your nails look insane! They are looking so beautiful. I love how the marbleing turned out. You picked out a great color combination. Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks awesome. I've only tried this technique once but really messed it up - you've inspired me to try it again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SOLVEIG - Thank you =)

    ADOREPINK - Thanks =)

    LUCY - I love this combo too, I'm thinking about doing a reverse with Toxic Seduction as the base with DSM marbled on the top.

    DANICA - Good luck!

    HELEN - Hope you get good results this time around =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This particular appears amazing. I have just attempted this method as soon as however truly messed this upward -- you have influenced me personally to test this once again!


    ultimate team coins
    Buy ESO Gold
    fifa ultimate team coins

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I will read every comment, and try to respond to any questions =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...