Tuesday, July 14, 2009

It's My Birthday! (Part 2)

Otherwise known as the good part with the pictures =) First things first, my birthday mani, Nubar Indigo Illusion. This polish was a large part of the reason I ever placed a Nubar order, and I was waiting for my nails to be long enough to do it justice. The only downside - really of the whole day - is that it's been overcast at best & raining at worst pretty much all day so no sun shots but still lots of pics:


So, with rain on my birthday, I was all ready to be in a crappy mood all day, but as soon as I came in the door, I could see balloons over top of the cubicles, and I started laughing. This is what my cube looked like today:


Complete with vampire-faces on a couple LOL:


For those that don't know, Charlaine Harris' Sookie Stackhouse/Southern Vampire Mysteries have been turned into a TV show True Blood which I love. My friend Sam at work has also read the books & watches the show, and she conspired with Julie to get me this cake:


And here's my little corner of presents:


The Sephora by OPI colors, if your interested, are Underwater Fantasy, Domestic Goddess, & Mermaid to Order.

Then, there was another person's birthday, and so more cake:


So overall a pretty good day at work =)

I usually get a gift from me to me, and I do have intentions of a haul, but I think I need to restrain myself at least until I resort all my existing polish into my Helmers, which I guess were also kind of a from me to me gift. And, just so you know I'm not making them up LOL, here's a pic of the finished product, snugged up under the edge of my desk:


I promise that I'll get around to posting up pics of the whole process (eventually). Thanks for reading =)

~Colette

7 comments:

  1. What a pretty polish! I just love duochromes. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh oh that cakes looks seriously yummy ^_^
    I wonder if we'll ever get that TV show in France... if not I'll have to check out the novels, I love a good vampire story.
    Can't wait to see the Helmers with your collection in them (in fact that's beacause your future pics are supposed to help me convince hubby to buy me one, lol!)
    Enjoy your gifts and again, a very happy b-day to you :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday! Wow, the cake looks amazing. That polish, so very cool looking the way it just shifts like that. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday! Gorgeous mani, and beautiful colors from $OPI, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday again Colette! How nice for your friends at work to do that for you. I love the cake with Eric on it!! I love TrueBlood also. I just with all the books were already filmed. I guess it's known that you like nail polish! Pretty shades. I have to get those also. I like the little vampire. Nubar's Indigo Illusion is such a gorgeous color. Your nails look amazing. Cake looks delicious. The balloons look really wild as vampires.

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAPPY BIRTHDAY! That's great that your office went all out for your b-day! Hope all your wishes come true :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. SOLVIEG - They're hard to resist =)

    CHOCADDICT - I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! If not, maybe you can find it online, I think the first season came out on iTunes, although only after it was finished from what I heard.

    CLOCKWORK - Thank you =)

    NIVIPA - Thanks =)

    LUCY - Sometimes I feel like they're drawing things out a bit much on the show, like they could fit 2 books in a season instead of just one, but at the same time they are making so many changes - most of which I like, it keeps it interesting & keeps me from totally knowing what's going to happen next - that I wonder how much resemblence to the books the show will have in later seasons if it stays on the air (fingers crossed that it does!)

    BROOKE - Well, no gorgeous single rich hunk fell miraculously into my lap LOL but other than that I got everything I wanted & honestly more than I expected =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I will read every comment, and try to respond to any questions =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...