Thursday, July 2, 2009

NOTD: Fireworks inspired

I am so totally pleased with this mani. It evolved a little from the original idea in my head, but that's OK because I love the final product. I was going to put them all in the same place, but I couldn't decide which corner I wanted to put them in. Then I decided a kind of scattered look would work fine for the fireworks motif. This is China Glaze Rodeo Fanatic, and the fireworks are done with Color Club Worth The Risque & Revvvolution:


I was going to do the steaks of Revvvolution over top of Worth the Risque, but then I decided to just kind of slip them into the between spaces ... I really probably should have done Revvvolution first, and WTR over top, and it would have been easier, less exacting, but live & learn ... I have not ever really done this kind of nail art before, LOL I had to hunt down & then open the brand new package with my liner brush inside.

So, there you have version 2 of my 4th of July mani =) And, just for fun, I dug through my old pics & found this of last year's mani - horrible picture really, as it was before I had a clue of good ways to pose my hand, and I'd ever heard of macro mode let alone realized my camera had it, but I think this was the start of me doing more dramatic stuff with my nails. I had such fun & such compliments when I wore this:


Well, that's all for now. I have no plans to speak of for the 4th, but I'm just hoping for happy & safe =) And I'll pass that wish along to all of you. Thanks for reading.

~Colette

11 comments:

  1. I love love love both of these! Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, I love the fireworks one the most. It's gorgeous! Have a great 4th of July weekend :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your fireworks inspired mani! It's gorgeous! I wish my Konading skills are as good as yours! You're so talented! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. the fireworks mani is awesome! and you did that freehand?! OMG it's so pretty

    I've never tried my hand (ha ha) at freehand nail art before, have you done this for long?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love both of these manis! You are so creative!

    I gave you an award on my blog!
    :c)

    ReplyDelete
  6. ModeCrazyMakeUpOnJuly 3, 2009 at 4:36 AM

    This fireworks mani is just sooo pretty, I'll definitively try it in the near future! Thanks for sharing ^^

    ReplyDelete
  7. That mani is stunning, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That. Is. Awesome. Best I've seen.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love love LOVE your fireworks mani! Beautiful work!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Colette,
    you totally inspired me to do fireworks for my 4th mani! Check it here, I gave you a shoutout too!
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. KITTYLUVSCOLOR - Thanks =)

    ADOREPINK - Thanks, it was good =) I hope yours was as well

    WAN - Thanks =)

    CHOCADDICT - This is the first time I've tried a design with a liner brush. I astonished myself LOL, it was actually easier than I expected.

    LACQUER LAINE - Thanks so much! I'm flattered =)

    MODECRAZY - Glad you like it & you're welcome =)

    KAE - Thanks =)

    NOSABY - Thanks =)

    POLISHAHOLIC - Thanks =)

    NESSA - Glad I could inspire you! & thanks for the shoutout =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I will read every comment, and try to respond to any questions =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...