Sunday, August 9, 2009

Sunday Post-A-Thon: The Books (45-48)

#45
My Big Fat Supernatural Wedding
Edited by P.N. Elrod

I picked this anthology up because it had short stories from some of my favorite authors, but I have to admit there were a few others included that I had to struggle through & will not be adding to my favorites list. But overall I did enjoy it well enough to get the follow-up anthology, My Big Fat Supernatural Honeymoon

#46
Kushiel's Chosen
Kushiel's Legacy Book 2
Jacqueline Carey

When my friend started the first book, she said to me, "It seems like she's going to have one hell of a life" & I told her she had no idea ... there is a world map in the beginning of each book, and each book the view pulls a little further out, as she travels further & further abroad from her home country. I'm so glad to have an excuse to read these again =)

#47
Sea Lord
Children of the Sea Book 3
Virginia Kantra

I read a lot of fantasy, and there are some fantastical creatures that come up all the time; vampires, werewolves, elves & stuff like that but one of the things that I really enjoy about this series is that it takes an old legend that isn't seen that often - with the central characters being selkie. If you're unfamiliar with the legend, they're people that turn in to seals, or seals that turn in to people, depending on the interpretation, or, as in this series, the physical manifestation of water elementals.

#48
Surf's Up
Anthology

This was a pretty quick read, a collection of 3 novellas from Janelle Denison, MaryJanice Davidson, and Nina Bangs.

So, that gets me caught up with books that I've finished ... but doesn't get me out of my current bind of being in the middle of three LOL, one of which I'm only halfway through & it is due TODAY ... and instead of reading, not really being in the mood, here I am in the middle of a post-a-thon =). Thanks for reading. I'm not done yet.

~Colette

2 comments:

  1. I also love fantasy books. I've added the Virginia Kantra to my list. I tried reading the first book but some of the stories weren't too good. I didn't finish it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LUCY - I think it's my stubborn streak, it's so hard to put down even a book I don't like once I've started, I'm too curious to know the ending =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I will read every comment, and try to respond to any questions =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...