Wednesday, December 23, 2009

NOTD: Holly Leaves & Berries + Tutorial

So, I originally planned on doing a tutorial for this, and then it was late & I was tired so I didn't. Then I got a bunch of compliments at work - one person even asked if they were decals, which I consider a high compliment if they think they look that good =) - so I decided to come home & do a quick tutorial with one of the nails I'd left bare, before I took this off.

I used OPI Dazzled by Gold as my base color, and this is a wonderful gold. It is SO sparkly, but I don't want to call it a glitter because it has a smooth finish. The first coat goes on sheer, but it builds quickly & you could go with 2 coats & be fine with no VNL I think - I am wearing 3 coats because I wanted a wet layer when I did my leaves. It kind of helped the polish flow more when I was painting, instead of sticking to the dry polish. For the leaves I used Finger Paints Evergreen Dream, and the berries are done with OPI Dreaming of Red.

I think this will be the last actual nail art I do for the holidays, as my next plan involves Emerald Sparkle & Ruby Pumps =) Here is my Holly Leaves & Berries manicure:


And here is the tutorial:



Thanks for reading =)

~Colette

10 comments:

  1. Very pretty! You did a great job with the freehanding...you must have a very steady hand!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha....I am wearing almost that exact same design. Too funny. I did mine last week and love it so much I still have it on. I have more leaves and I added tiny gold round beads for some bling. You can see a pic of mine on my blog (only the thumb) I am not a pro like you ladies but I have fun with it. :) Excellent design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your manicure. I also love that base color. I just added it to my list of "wants". Your holly looks perfect. For some reason my computer isn't loading any videos. Very annoying! Have a very Merry Christmas. Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO beautiful! Wow, the holly really does look great! Thanks for the tutorial, I should try this out =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really cute :D You are really good at making these and good tutorial :)) merry christmas :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this design, I wanted to do something similar on my nails (with rhinestones instead of red polish) but I'm not very good yet at freehand drawing ... I admire your technique :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really beautiful - looks fantastic!

    I hope you have a wonderful Christmas x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous & a great tutorial! Thanks Colette! I think I'm going to try this now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. SHAYLA - Sometimes it sure doesn't feel like it LOL but these turned out pretty good.

    LISA H - Thank you, I think yours looks great too!

    GILDEDANGEL - Thanks & you're welcome

    LUCY - Thank you =)

    KELSEALAUREL - Thanks =)

    RIJAH - Thank you =)

    AYUU - Thanks! I bet this would look great with the rhinestones =)

    HELEN - Thanks! I hope you had a great Christmas too!

    THE PBG - Thanks! I think yours looked great =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I will read every comment, and try to respond to any questions =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...