Saturday, January 16, 2010

NOTD: Pinwheel Marble

I should have taken a picture of this in the cup, because it really doesn't look as much like a pinwheel on the nail.  This was my least favorite of the 3 marbles I wore this week.  I may eventually due a tutorial for this marbling pattern, but I didn't like this combination enough to do so this time, plus it was late & I was tired and ... yeah.  The technique is similar to the way I did the flower design, except instead of dragging all towards the center, I did 4 strokes outward from the middle, and then 4 towards the center.

I think part of my problem may have been the polish - I used 3 colors from Revlon: Steel-her Heart, Silver Screen & Steel Magic.  They worked OK but got kind of gloppy when I dipped the nail, I ended up with not as even of a finish as I get when I use for example China Glaze colors.  Steel Magic is actually a duo-chrome, going between purple & a kind of greenish gold, but I was totally unable to capture that in most of these pics.  Meh:





 Thanks for reading.

~Colette

5 comments:

  1. This is so cool looking! I really need to try doing a marble.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GILDEDANGEL - Thanks =)

    MOODPUPPET - Thank you =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another beauty! Your getting better and better at this technique.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I will read every comment, and try to respond to any questions =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...