Tuesday, January 26, 2010

NOTD: Sponging Round 2 (Green)

I liked the last one & wanted a little more practice, so I went at it again =)  This time I went with China Glaze Entourage (Custom Kicks collection) as my base color:




Then I sponged the tips with China Glaze Watermelon Rind (Summer Days collection).  I really liked this; it's more of a gradation than the last, probably partly because I was using 2 greens instead of 2 contrasting colors.  I almost left it on another day but in the end wanted to see if I could do even better so I did a purple one with a tutorial that I'll post tomorrow after I get the video edit & such.  Anyway, here is my second sponging mani in green, the finished product:




If you think sponging is too tough (it's totally not) stay tuned tomorrow & I'll show you just how easy it is =) Thanks for reading.

~Colette

12 comments:

  1. Oooo I like this one! I've tried sponging and it is super easy and the results can look really pretty! Can't wait to see what tomorrows is :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like both of your sponging experiments. The first one looked very pretty with the contrasting colors and this one is a little more subtle but you have achived a very pretty gradation (which I've been unable to do every time I have tried it :p)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great gradient, it looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooh I like that one. I have the sponge stuff but not tried it yet.......I love CG Entourage but didn't buy it because I read it stains the nails really badly, do you have this problem or is it fine on yours????

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great! Love the colour combination! And sponging rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That color combination is great ! I love how it turned :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I like this! The sponged version is great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks fantastic, as always! I haven't tried sponging yet b/c I think it's too hard. Can't wait to see what you have in store!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow I love that! That lookss o good; you really did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this. Now I wish I hadn't swapped my Entourage :(

    ReplyDelete
  11. BLUEYEZ - Thanks =)

    CHOCADDICT - I think part of the trick is they type of sponge you use, I think I just lucked out for the most part LOL =)

    GILDEDANGEL - Thanks =)

    BABYD - I didn't have any staining, but then I rarely do unless I use a different base coat (my normal base is ProStrong & seems to prevent staining really well)

    KONADOMANIA - NIHRIDA - AYUU - L - CONTESTS - AURORA - ANGE-MARIE - Thank you all =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I will read every comment, and try to respond to any questions =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...