Saturday, April 24, 2010

Earth Day NOTD: China Glaze Re-Fresh Mint + M72

I wanted to do something green for Earth Day, and chose Re-Fresh Mint from China Glaze's Up & Away collection.  I used Four Leaf Clover - from the same collection - and Konad image plate m72 to stamp the french tips.  This is much more subtle than the high contrast between the blue & dark plum the last time I used this design, but I like it =)


Much as I liked the final product, this was not what I planned on doing.  This is a glimpse of my test on a piece of scratch paper:


I could not duplicate the results on my nails.  In retrospect, I think the basecoat I was using (Nail Life Gripper) may be too sticky, preventing the polish from flowing back smoothly so instead of a kind of marble look, I was just digging furrows in the polish.  I might try again another time with a different base & see if I can duplicate this as a full mani.

I have a seriously kick-ass yellow & orange water marble to show you guys, but I took a ton of pics to go through & after editing the video I'm not up for it.  If you want a sneak peak at the tutorial though, you can click on the link to my YouTube channel in the right sidebar.

Thanks for reading.
~Colette

5 comments:

Thanks for commenting! I will read every comment, and try to respond to any questions =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...