Thursday, November 25, 2010

NOTD: Orange & Brown Thanksgiving Water Marble + Tutorial

This is what happens when I allow myself to lay down "just for a minute" at 9 in the evening ... I wake up in the middle of the night & have to actually put on PJs & etc, then I'm awake & can't go right back to sleep LOL.  So I decided to finish editing pics & get them up for you guys =)
 
This was my first marble using Zoya.  Base color is Sienna, marbling done with Sienna & Kalista.  & yes that's a snowflake falling right on my nail in the last shot - I started early & got home before the worst of the storm hit, but I'm sure the regular commute home was a nightmare for a lot of people today.  When I showed him, Mark at work said this looked like turkey feathers LOL, which wasn't my intention but I guess it kind of does:
 

Here is the tutorial - along with a few tips on picking colors to marble with & why this particular design ended up without the yellow that I was originally going to include:
 
 
I hope you all have a safe & happy Thanksgiving Day!  It is very cold here, but plans are on track to bring a card table & extra chairs to grandma's house to accommodate the 15 people that will be there for dinner =)  How many people will be at your table?
 
Thanks for reading.
 
~Colette

12 comments:

  1. gorgeous! Love the end results! though I don't like the orange colour on itself, it looks amazing with brown!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is one of the most amazing marbles I've ever seen! So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This is so amazing. You did GOOD on this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice pattern and colours, hope you had a nice Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your water marbles! each and every one of them! =D they're so beautiful! I need a lil help tho, i can't seem to get the nail polish to spread out properly in the water, it keeps swimmin to the side, and when I add some more nail polish it doesn't spread at all =( could u give me some advice please? =) ur the expert ^^ thank u so much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. EVERYONE - Thanks! =)

    CANDACE - are you using room temp filtered water? Other than that, it is just trial & error to find the colors that work well, you want one with good pigmentation, maybe a little on the thick side but thin enough to drip & above all slow-drying. HTH =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, I love your blog, I wanted to ask a question
    Why when I type enamel Espand water is not?
    pardon my expression but I do not speak very good English.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ciao io sono italiana di inglese non capisco niente pero' ti faccio i miei complimenti perche' i tuoi tutorial sono molto chiari!!!!! bravissima ciao!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think the 2010 T'giving orange and brown is particularly beautiful. And I think it benefits from the omission of the yellow.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I will read every comment, and try to respond to any questions =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...