Tuesday, February 7, 2012

NOTD: The Evolution of Revlon Dreamer

I was on such a roll yesterday with getting things done, and videos edited, and just as I turned my attention towards this post - the power went out =(  The electrician was working the bathroom, lord knows why my room had to be turned off for the process.  But I am trying to keep momentum & so I'm finishing this today =)  It is my last manicure from 2011

Revlon Dreamer is a perfectly nice blue all on its own:


But I wanted to add some shimmer & I'd just picked up the Special Effects collection, so I added a coat of Finger Paints Motley.  It added a tiny bit of shimmer.  The shade pic shows it best, a lot of the day it was, like in the other pics, nearly invisible:


Without time to fully changed it, I tried one more time for bling, bringing out the big guns - Essie Shine of the Times (aka the easiest to find dupe for Hidden Treasure).  And I finally got my sparkles, lots of them - you can also still see the blue glimmers of Motley underneath in a few shots:


Here's a look in motion:


Yay!  OK, so I know it's February, but I've just been busy.  I am so freaking glad to be ... well, obviously not caught up, but at least operating in the right year LOL.  

Thanks for reading.

~Colette

14 comments:

  1. So pretty!!! Love the layering! I find that you can see Motley better over darker shades. But I love the hint of it with SOTT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved it... so nice all the flakies...
    Did you see my comment on another post about swaps!?
    xoxo

    Ana
    anascloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty. Looks like Blue Lagoon though to me. I love the subtle flakes!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooooh I LOVE IT! its an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it!

    http://esmaltesycia.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhhh, that final layered look is stunning! Then again, I'm really partial to flakies...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Living in Sweden and wonder if you have a place for the magnetic polish Trafalgar Square that I can contact to purchase that polish in Sweden?

    ReplyDelete
  8. La base es muy bonita pero con los diferentes sparkles queda precioso.

    ¡Me encanta!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ANINHA - thank you for the offer but I don't usually do swaps because I get so many requests =)

    ANON - sorry but I don't know much about international availability =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok Colette.... no problem! love ur blog anyways! lol!

      Delete
  10. Kudos for coming up with this awesome post, in spite of the power blackout. Girl, I love those glistening blue nails. You're definitely a manicure diva. Ugh, I can't even do my own nails.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I will read every comment, and try to respond to any questions =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...